Kenya Entry Requirements Covid-19.
We are still running under the Partial lockdown, 10:00 PM – 4:00 AM. However, the infection numbers are tremendously going down. I believe one of the main factors is the strict Kenya Entry requirements for Covid-19. We hope to open the economy 24/7 soon.
Kenyan tourism Opened on 1st August 2020 after closing for nearly 7months of no international flights. This has affected the tourism industry and almost brought it to its knees.
As much as there was local tourism going on it was minimal. To make it worse there was inter-county lockdown. Meaning you could not transverse into other counties in fear of transmitting the disease. The only Park within the Nairobi city Nairobi National Park Kept Nairobians sane. Tour Operators were giving insane offers and almost everybody could afford.
Thank God, the numbers went down. The intercounty lockdown was lifted and international Flight became operational.
Before you decide to fly in and out of Kenya. These are the recent Kenya entry Requirements.
What are the Kenya Entry Requirements?
- All travellers arriving in Kenya must complete a COVID-19 Travellers Health Surveillance Form before their arrival. What about if am only transiting? Yes, you will still need to fill the form before arrival.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a QR code which you must present to port health officials for you to be allowed to proceed to arrival immigration.
- You will be required to do a 14-day quarantine upon arrival unless you are from the countries which are exempted. Here`s the list of the exempted countries.
- Travellers arriving must have negative PCR based Covid-19 test carried out within 96 hours on arrival. Please note, it should be verified digitally through the Trusted Travel Initiative. In the cases where your test is not verified digitally.
- Kenyan Port of Health Authorities will conduct manual verification using a hard copy of a negative PCR test result that has been stamped by the test Centre as well as a hard copy of the official receipt for the payment of the PCR test. However, I doubt this will go on for long. Just ensure your PCR Test is verified digitally through the trusted Travel Initiative.
- If you are flying out of Kenya these are the approved COVID-19 PCR Testing Laboratories Lab Clinics in Kenya.
- Any arriving passengers showing COVID-19 symptoms will be required to self-quarantine for 14 Days. Also, the Passengers seated on two rows surrounding anyone on a flight displaying symptoms will be traced and required to quarantine for 14 days.
- You will need Visa $51 which is now highly advisable to apply online before your travel date to Kenya.
Restrictions in Kenya.
Once you`re through with actualising the Kenya Entry Requirements Covid-19. Welcome to Kenya.
However, we have some restrictions going on and you should adhere to:-.
- Social Distance is still applicable, any car you`re boarding should be 50% half to allow social distance. While shopping you should keep your 1.5m distance.
- There`s a curfew in place, 10:00 PM – 4:00 AM you should be inside your house. You could be wondering what if my flight lands after curfew? Well, Passengers will be allowed to use their boarding pass/tickets at roadblocks to enable them to get to and from the airport.
- You should always wear a mask otherwise there will be a fine of Kes20,000 0r $200. Just try and wear a Mask is for your own good and to protect others.
- The majority are still working at home and online meetings have been the trend of the day, though some have already started doing physical meeting but social distance observed.
- There is the ban of political rallies or any major crowding that will be hard to keep the social distance. Funerals, burials, and weddings are exempted but must not exceed 150 persons.
Please note this information is courtesy of KCAA and they update regularly.
Notable Changes in Tourism Industry.
Apart from the Kenya Entry Requirements, Kenya has impacted some factors to resuscitate suffocating Tourism Industry.
The Kenya wildlife service was on a forefront to adjust the National Parks Entry fees to encourage more tourists. Check the new KWs rates here.
Due to Covid-19 the Tourist Vehicles have a new maximum Number of Pax at a go.
- The Tour Van – 6Pax
- Land Cruiser (Jeep) – 6Pax
- Mini Bus (Coaster) – 15 Pax
- Over Land Truck – 15 Pax
The hotels are booking a maximum of 70% Capacity. They are taking the Covid- 19 Guidelines serious.
Upon Check-in. You wash or Sanitize your hands. Check Temperatures and your face Mask must be on all through apart from when taking your Meals.
Some of the swimming Pools are not yet opened and those who have, keep a maximum number at a particular time just to avoid congestion.
I can confidently conclude, yes, it is safe to travel and visit Kenya.
Don`t forget your Travel Insurance, a time like this whenever you Travel.
Get Travel Insurance to Kenya.